Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Senior Consultant

Ok well this is going to be fast but I wanted to keep you updated on my progress. :)
I am now a Senior Consultant!!! I got my first team member this afternoon!! I got a lead from my personal Web site!! I learned a LOT today with this whole process!
#1 Always have a Personal Web site and ALWAYS be a star!!! Did you know that Star consultants get Leads before anyone else does... why would the company give a lead to someone that they are not sure even has the newest updated products?
#2 Always keep in touch with your customers!!!
I asked Kathy the all important question "How did you hear about Mary Kay? Do you have a consultant that is currently servicing you?" She said she used to have a consultant but that the girl never kept in touch with her and did not send her a catalog, in fact has not called her in over a year!!
Then she told me that we had met before... and I prayed "oh Lord please don't let me have been her consultant and now I don't even remember her!!!"
Kathy (the new consultant) had met me at one of MY consultants Business debuts!!! Now I right away thought oh no!! But as I continued to walk Kathy through more questions I found out she had never had a facial and in fact this was her first one!!
At first I felt kinda bad because here I am signing up this woman and she is telling me all about her experience and I want to do the Right thing!
I did do the right thing, this consultant that did not follow up with Kathy has really not been a working consultant and did not even offer all the services Mary Kay has, like a Look Book!!
Tomorrow I am going to go through my customer list and there are a few woman that I need to call and apologize to for my bad customer service! Sure I send them a book, but lots of them have not had a facial in a while. A lot of the reason why is because I have been to scared to call them! Thinking oh they probably don't want me to bother them! I must be crazy!!! I am calling them tomorrow, hopefully none of them signed up with Mary Kay under someone else, but if they did it would be my fault for not following up!!
You never know what or who is in your customer base, don't just write someone off because they were not interested a year ago.
Please don't feel like I did not do things the Mary Kay way there have been many times that I have recruited people for other people and I did all the work!! Sometimes it is just not fair to the new consultant to not give them your best!!
You may agree with me or you may not and that is ok.
Oh one more thing... the thing that I did with Kathy that I used to do in DIQ a few years ago. :)
was I invited her to the meeting where she and her daughter were pampered with Pedicures then after the meeting I scheduled her facial...not a week later!! The Next Day! Don't wait if she is available and excited don't wait!!! DO IT NOW!!! Have a sense of urgency.
Ok girls I am only 2 away from the beautiful RED Jacket!!! Who is running with me it is not too late!! Are you running with Passion or Complacency?

No comments:

Post a Comment